Slaggan Bay - Wester Ross
This Bay is located in Slaggan, which is at the end of an unmade road, just under 3 miles off the Laide to Mellon Udrigle Road. Slaggan was a typical crofting village which at one time had a school and teacher. However by the time of the second world war the population had dwindled to six. The last family to live there were the Mackenzies from Achgarve who built the house where the gable ends remain in 1936 with help from the Crofting Commission. This house burnt down in 1942/3 and the family moved permanently to Achgarve leaving the village deserted.
National Scenic Areaseascapebayrocksseaweedseacloudscoastalcoastline
From Wester Ross and Cromarty